Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ten reasons why being a Seattle Sports fan sucks ( right now)


I have been a Seattle sports fan for my whole life, I do have the guts to admit that. I'm not one of those fake local fans that grew up here and somehow happens to like, oh I don't know, USC football, North Carolina basketball, the Patriots, the Yankees, you get the picture. These people are delusional if they think they are legitimate, they are front runners and nothing else. For example: Lebron James grew up in Ohio, but his favorite teams when he was young were the Yankees, the Cowboys, and the Chicago Bulls. Wow. Even those in professional sports can have no sports savy. Don't get me wrong, I do have an appreciation for championship caliber teams and programs too, I just would never claim to be a legit diehard fan of any other than my locals.

At times, this can be hard to take. The present status of Seattle sports is nearly at the worst it has ever been since yours truly entered this world. Why? Here are my top ten reasons.

10. Huskies 0-2, Seahawks 0-1, Mariners...does it even matter

9. The Seahawks current recieving core makes the Huskies recievers look like All Americans

8. The Husky football team lost to the Mormons at home for the first time ever.

7. Seahawks WR Nate Burleson is out for the season. Now he is not only extremely overpaid but he is useless.

6. Willie Bloomquist

5. Tyrone Willingham 11-27 at UW

4. The Mariners may be the first team ever to have a payroll over 100 million and lose 100 games

3. We have not won a championship in major sports since the 1991 UW football team and even then we had to share it (the WNBA is not a major sport)

2. The Sonics got poo jacked and turned into an arena football team called the Thunder

1. The only championship caliber team in Seattle is the Storm and we all know that the WNBA games are nothing more than lesbian conventions

In other words, better luck next year.

5 comments:

Gay Games Blogger said...

Your number one reason is both sexist and homophobic.

Saying "just a lesbian convention" is insulting and not true. Clearly you do not attend many Seattle Storm games. The majority of fans are families. They are moms and dads enjoying the game. The Storm goes overboard entertaining, the crowd with not only excellent basketball, but with tons of side-show entertainment, between ball play.

Yes, there are more than 5 percent lesbians in the crowd at a Storm game. I think the USA is roughly 5 percent lesbian (out lesbians). Yes, they love to watch women play sports and win. Seattle has a super team and excellent marketing staff.

Please understand that your attitude is why women's professional sports struggle to get fans. You stereotype and put down one the best sports teams in the country. Give respect to the lesbian fans and players. Seattle has one of the best players ever, and she is an out lesbian.

Do you have a sister, daughter, or niece that you want to compete and win?

Girls need role models in sports, as much as boys.

Now go go a few Seattle Storm games and share a beer with a lesbian. You will find they are fun to party with in Seattle.

Kelly Stevens

Peter Roy said...

I agree with the other poster... you bigot!

hahahahaha

Bobby said...

Oh man that's funny, although I highly doubt it rattled your cage considering you told the entire class in high school you didn't believe a woman should ever be president hahaha.
Wait a damn second, is Lauren Jackson a lesbian?!? Say it ain't so, I've been waiting for so long to run into her so I could make my move.

Matt said...

Sorry Kelly, but it is not my attitude that makes it hard for women's professional sports to get fans, it is the fact that women playing basketball, for example,is about as entertaining as watching paint dry. Yes, clearly I do not attend many Seattle Storm games and I will concede the point that there probably is great "side-show" entertainment, but anyone who believes that is excellent basketball has got to be kidding. I'm not saying that the WNBA should be disbanded, I kind of just wish that the Storm would have went to Oklahoma City with our beloved Sonics. Who am I kidding though, Seattle is a great place for the WNBA. We have a solid lesbian population with great networks for them to meet each other like bars, clubs, and Craigslist. Why not Storm games?

The truth is that women's sports will continue to struggle to draw fans because people would much rather watch men compete in most sports, especially basketball. Call me sexist, call me homophobic, if you want. I don't have a problem with lesbians, I just call the WNBA what is, boring.

Anonymous said...

lets go to a storm game. together. just me and you.

my blog: sotheworldwillsee.blogspot.com