Friday, December 19, 2008

Jingle Bells, Batman Smells

(I changed the look for the holiday season. Go Christmas!)

Much has changed since the last time I wrote. I got a new laptop. Not by choice, but because some poo head stole mine out of my apartment. I hope you like it whoever you are, my blog was bookmarked so I'm sure that you are checking in, happy holidays to you.

What is happening? I just watched the highlights of Brandon Roy's 52 point performance last night. Wow. I'm speechless. But really, are any of us surprised? The only thing that may be surprising to Husky fans is that Mike Jensen is not doing the same thing in the NBA right now. We were certain that he was the real NBA prospect on that Husky team, either him or the black hole (referring to the fact that he never passed, not his skin color) Jamal Williams. Now look at Roy, is there any one in the NBA playing better? Maybe Lebron, maybe Earl Watson, maybe Howard Eisley, but other than those three? Question: has there ever been a better player than Detlef Schrempf? Answer: maybe, Brandon Roy makes it interesting to think about.

I would be remiss if I did not give props to my good friend Bob for calling out Cougar Football coach Paul Wulff for winning the Mr. Vogel look alike contest. I was thinking the same thing. Even though Wulff has some terrible days of football ahead of him, he does have that going for him. At least when he loses his job, he can come over to the real world and have automatic street cred. By the way, if you do not know who Mr. Vogel is, why are you reading this blog?

What else, the weather has been crazy around these parts, the Northwest. Pretty much anything that was scheduled in my life this week has been canceled. So I have played a little Halo with mis amigos. I hate that game right now. I dislike most things that I'm bad at, as most of us are inclined to do, Halo is one of them right now. It is no longer a game for phonies like me. Oh to be a real gamer.

Rosie O'Donnell has her own show. I guess we are in a depression.

How about Illinois politics? Governor whats his name was trying to sell the Senate seat left behind by Obama. I thought Washington state politics was bad, yikes. Not only is this guy breaking the law, but he had no idea that he could have sold that thing on Craigslist in no time. At least they are cleaning out all the political corruption from Illinois. Ya, I know what you are thinking, our future President is from Illinois. But I'm sure that he was not a part of all that stuff, I mean, there is nothing to point that would make you think he has any problem keeping distance from those type of people. Deep breath. Pause. Lets move on.

I just want to say to Khalif Barnes, ex Husky offensive tackle and current left tackle for the Jaguars, keep your head up. Dwight Freeney is a man child. If you don't know what I'm talking about, watch the highlights from the Colts/Jaguars game last night. That's a tough way to end a game. Khalif, at least you are not still playing at UW. Losing to the Colts is a little easier to swallow than losing to the Cougs.

Well, enjoy the weather, don't forget to call your local representative to see if you can get a bailout for Christmas shoping this year. Or should I say Chrismahanquanzicuh, it is always better to be PC.

1 comment:

Peter Roy said...

don't give up on blogging, i miss your wise words of wise wisdom.